- About the Laboratory
The Power system Laboratory is concerned with power system and smart grid.
Our lab focuses on electric power system generation, transmission, distribution system.
Smart grid to supply electricity efficiently is needed in order to solve environmental problems, energy depletion.
We are working on a project in the field of micro grid, wind, smart grid, advanced distribution system.
We are collaborating with many companies (KEPCO, KPX, LS Industrial System, etc…), research institutes (KERI, KEPRI), and universities (SNU, INHA Univ., Kookmin Univ., etc.).
- Current research topics.
(1) Electric power system operation and control.
(2) Renewable energies.
(3) Power system modeling and simulation.
(4) Microgrid and smart grid.
- Ongoing Research Grants
(1) Development of voltage control algorithms in the distribution networks with distributed generations, 2012.1 ~ 2014.10, funded by KEPCO (Korea Electric Power Company).
(2) Assessment of the effects of conversation voltage reduction(CVR) on the power system in emergency case, 2012.3 ~ 2013.9, funded by KPX(Korea Power Exchange)
(3) Development of Frequency Control Algorithm for Microgrids Considering Dynamic Characteristic and Power Control Method of Distributed Generations, 2011.7 ~ 2013.6, funded by CNU
Tel:+82 62 530 - 0751
Fax:+82 62 530 - 1749